10 Jul Membership Services and Sales Manager position
Membership Services and Sales Manager Job Description
The Membership Services and Sales Manager is an innovative and collaborative individual who will actively recruit, secure and serve our organization’s associate members. This part-time position (25 – 30 hrs per wk) is responsible for planning, developing and implementing membership strategies, securing advertising sales for the organization’s regional wine publication, website, as well as sponsorship development for events. This position is also responsible for the organization’s social media outreach.
Areas of Focus:
Sales & Membership – Recruit, secures sales, retain and grows organizational community membership, affiliation and participation.
Sponsorships & Fundraising – Secure sponsorships and execute consumer events and initiatives.
Social Media Strategy – Create and lead content development across all Yakima Valley social media platforms.
The Membership Services and Sales Manager is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Associate membership retention and recruitment (sales), expanding the existing membership base.
- Manage, update and keeping current the organization’s Master database.
- Ad sales for the regional winery guide and map.
- Develop and execute consumer events and sponsorship programs.
- Understand and accept that the tasks outlined in this job description may be modified or changed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Sales & Membership
- Conduct associate membership visitations to ensure quality membership benefits are being provided and encourage membership retention.
- Recruit and secure new and returning members via telephone and in person meetings to prospective businesses in the Yakima Valley.
- Handle sales for all organizational publications, web sites and other new ventures, including event sponsorships.
- Manage and maintain accurate membership database, including membership reports, billing, and A/ R.
Sponsorships and Fundraising
- Identifying and secure new sponsorships and fundraising initiatives.
- Manage all consumer events.
Sponsorships and Fundraising
- Create and lead social media strategy and content development across all WYV platforms.
- Develop and maintain a consistent voice across channels aligned with our organization’s key messaging platforms.
- Maintain a robust understanding of theever-changing social media landscape.
- Manage and update WYV website.
- Maintain and update all digital assets as needed.
Executive Director Support
- Provide support to the Executive Director, to include problem solving, project planning and facilitation, financial coordination.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team oriented.
- Ability to build partnerships and relate effectively with diverse constituents.
- Excellent sales skills/ability to develop territory and build relationships.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work well independently.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Professional.
- Adept and well versed in technology and standard social media platforms.
- Possess a working understanding of the ever-changing social media landscape.
Education & Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business, tourism, communications, or related field or have 3-5 years of experience.
- Resume, cover letter, and salary expectations by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “Membership Services and Sales Manager” in the subject line.
- Attachments must be in .doc of .pdf format; do not include resume in the body of your email.