Things are hopping at Tapteil Vineyard Winery

Things are hopping at Tapteil Vineyard Winery as we prepare for harvest. Tapteil Vineyard sells 95% of our grapes to other notable wineries. The remaining 5% is used in our own estate wines. We are proud to say that of the five estate wines we entered into the prestigious Seattle Wine Awards this year, all five medaled and two took Double Gold and another Gold.

The push is on gathering tools and supplies, preparing bins and picking lugs, managing irrigation, and cleaning fermentation tanks. In addition to the vineyard operations the winery is abuzz preparing for upcoming events, which include the first ever Red Mountain Block Party to be held September 29, and Catch the Crush, October 13-14, 2012.                                                                     

For these events we will provide wine gods and goddesses (a.k.a. Pass holders) the opportunity to stomp grapes in a barrel with optional grape vine crowns. This is a great photo opportunity with a sweeping view of the Yakima Valley and Red Mountain AVA as a backdrop. We will also release our 2010 Artist Series Syrah, Spilya Vineyard, Yakima Valley (#6 in the series) and our 2010 Merlot, Tapteil Vineyard, Red Mountain. There is a wonderful selection of imported oils and balsamic vinegars to sample in addition to the estate wines. We are looking forward to seeing many guests during this busy time of year. Please excuse our construction mess and detours this fall, as we are also remodeling our home on the site! Cheers!

1 Comment
  • vitamin
    Posted at 15:33h, 11 September Reply

    Not what I was thinking but awesome anyway! Good for you!

Post A Comment